Block 1: Defining the Metaverse. In this first training block we are going to analyze in detail what the Metaverse is and how it will evolve. The objective of this Block is to consolidate knowledge that allows us to speak properly about the subject and to know it in order to apply our brand strategies.
- Origins of the term Metaverse
- The Facebook Metaverse
- Who’s who in the race to the Metaverse
- The most popular virtual universes
- How to enter the Metaverse?
- What is the Metaverse for?
- Pending subjects of the Metaverse
- The beginning of standards for an open and interoperable metaverse
Block 2: The Metaverse and the new economy. In this second training block we are going to see in depth the different facets of the promise of a new economy in the Metaverse. We are also going to create our accounts in Roblox, in Decentreland, in The Sandbox and in Workroom. The objective is to begin to discover the possibilities of actions that can be carried out in each of them in fashion and luxury, with examples developed by brands in the sector. Also know inside the business opportunities of each of the metaverses to make decisions about the marketing strategy of our company. During this second Block you will also learn how to set up a Workroom for your company, as well as how to create your avatar in motion.
- The promise of a new economy
- The shopping experience in the Metaverse
- Let’s get started on Roblox
- The Metaverse Real Estate Market
- What it is and how to start in the Decentraland Metaverse
- Fashion, Luxury and Art in the Metaverse.
- How to get started in The Sandbox
- Meetings and Training in the Metaverse
- Let’s create a space in Workrooms
- Create your first moving avatar
Block 3: The Construction of the Metaverse. In this third training block we are going to discover -as a complement to the second block- some platforms such as Zepeto, Spatial and OVR. In addition, you will learn about the main 3D development software and the two most notable graphics engines on the market, as well as some code-based alternatives such as WebGl and Babylon. With this framework you will have a general context of each of the technical options with which a Metaverse can be built, their main functions and how they can help you in your strategy. We will also address the current technical limitations in the construction of the Metaverse, and finally we will address how the user and avatars are related in virtual worlds. Some practical cases will also be carried out to implement the knowledge acquired.
- Platforms to build Metaverses. Platforms (Zepeto, OVR, spatial)
- 3D software and graphics engines for designs (Blender, Cinema 4D, Sketchfab, Unreal, Unity, WebGL, Babylon)
- Technical limitations when building a Metaverse
- How a metaverse is built
- Systems to take into account in the construction of a Metaverse.
- Profiles in the construction of a Metaverse
- Relationship between user and avatar in virtual worlds.
Block 4: Market of non-fungible tokens (NFT) for Fashion and Luxury. In this block you will learn what NFTs are and their meaning, as well as how they work and their main characteristics. You will understand why they are trending from now on and how they have evolved and if they can be considered a new bubble, this will allow you to have the vision to know how they are bought and sold, the platforms for it, what value they have, where they are kept, and something fundamental, that risks they may have and how to prevent them, going through some prominent examples of NFTs in the market and with fashion and luxury firms that already sell NFTs, also being very clear about the differences between NFTs and cryptocurrencies. You will also learn what DAOs are.
- What are NFTs? Its meaning
- How NFTs work
- Main characteristics of NFTs
- Why are they a trend from now on?
- Are we facing a new bubble?
- Buying and selling NFTs
- What value do NFTs have?
- Where are NFTs “stored”?
- NFT Risks
- Some examples of NFTs
- NFTs vs. Cryptocurrencies, differences
- Fashion and luxury firms that already sell NFTs
- The DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations)
Block 5: Purchase and sale of NFTs. In this block you will learn how to put your own NFTs up for sale. You will get to know the most important marketplaces in the market, and you will learn to design, sell and buy NFTs, as well as the best-known wallets in the market and you will create a wallet in Metamask, in addition to linking the wallet to marketplaces such as Opensea. As a final project, it will be clearly explained how to put various virtual luxury items up for sale. We will also have access to the ZenTangle Marketplace, where users have the option to mint NFTs completely free of charge, presented by its founder.
- Most used marketplaces for buying and selling NFTs
- Compatible wallets for NFTs
- Create a wallet in Metamask
- File types and tools for creating NFTs
- Storage in IPFS
- A brief look at Solidity
- Practice: Creation and sale of an NFT for jewelry and watches, fashion, art, or motor.
- Practice: Creation and sale of an NFT for jewelry and watches, fashion, art, or motor II.
- How to buy NFTs
Block 6: Marketing in the Metaverse. One of the newest -and already necessary- aspects of digital marketing is the metaverse. Since its appearance, the most important companies in the world have already rushed to develop this type of action. How can we do metaversal marketing? In this topic we will see what Metaverse Marketing is and why I should apply it now, worlds and sponsored experiences, as well as immersive experiences, we will learn to Interact with communities, demos of the physical product, Limited Drops, actions with NFTs: ownership and rewards, how to promote and advertise NFTs effectively, AR: Expanded Marketing, In-Game Advertising, Metaverse Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing and the Metaverse, and Metaverse Content Marketing.
- What is Metaverse Marketing and why should I apply it now?
- Multi-channel, flexibility and customization
- Seats in Metaverses
- Immersive experiences
- Demo of the physical product
- Limited Drops
- NFTs in our metaversal marketing strategy
- How to promote and advertise your NFTs effectively
- VR, AR and MR
- In-Game Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization in the Metaverse
- Social Media Marketing in the Metaverse
- Metaversal Content Marketing
- Meta-fluencers and virtual influencers. Advance.
- Metaverse Commerce (D2A). Advance.
Block 7: Direct-to-Avatar Marketing in Fashion and Luxury. D2A Marketing (products and marketing campaigns that are not directed at people, but at their virtual avatars) will be the new Direct-to-Consumer in the metaversal marketing strategy. That is why we dedicate an entire block to Direct-to-Avatar Marketing. We also explain how hyperrealistic avatars are built, which can even be virtual influencers.
- What is D2A?
- What is an avatar?
- Platforms for creating avatars
- D2A software for fashion and luxury
- What are meta fluencers?
- Which are the most important?
- How virtual influencers are created
- Campaigns with virtual influencers
- Real and future influencers in the Metaverse
Block 8: Legal rules for the Metaverse. The metaverse not only offers opportunities, but also legal implications and challenges. There is an absolute legal principle that says: “Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from its compliance”, we must know and comply with the provisions of the various -and not always aligned- regulatory instruments of our legal system for the use and exploitation of the digital assets of the metaverse.
- Opportunities and legal challenges of the metaverse in fashion and luxury
Registration and legal effectiveness of product brands generated in the metaverse.
- Legal protection of works subject to intellectual property rights created in the metaverse.
- Consumer protection.
- Data Protection.
- Protection of image rights.
- Potential commission of crimes in virtual space.
- Legal rules of the European Union for the Metaverse.
Block 9: Metaverse, Fashion and Luxury. In this Block we analyze specific strategies from the Metaverse for fashion and luxury, which have already been carried out by brands in the sector, and we see how something similar can be done with what has been studied in this Course. We also explain step by step how to sell virtual clothes in Decentraland and Roblox, we even teach you step by step how to create an exhibition or a store in the Metaverse to sell your NFTs created in OpenSea.
- Introduction: wearables in the Metaverse.
- Case 1: Pull & Bear. Pull & Bear presented its virtual reality project in the metaverse made up of a virtual showroom, its own outfit fitting room and a surfing game customizing its own avatar by dressing it in the firm’s clothing. We analyze how they have done it.
- How to create an exhibition or a store in the Metaverse to sell my NFTs
- Case 2: Gucci, selling virtual fashion on Roblox. In this topic, we explain, step by step, how a fashion collection is sold on Roblox, just like brands like Gucci have done.
- Case 3: Tommy Hilfiger, selling virtual fashion in Decentraland. In this topic we analyze what the brand has done, and how virtual clothing is sold in Decentraland.
- Case 4: Fashion and Luxury Brands at Zepeto
Final project. Marketing Plan in the Metaverse of your/a company.
The learning of this Advanced Course does not consist merely in the acquisition of knowledge, but in the development of a set of competences that allow applying said knowledge in varied situations. All the training blocks have a basic compulsory study text. In addition, didactic activities are proposed that will also contribute to the achievement of the proposed objectives, which is why the student’s active participation in them is recommended.
Conceptual doubts that arise after studying the units must be raised in the Tutorials available in the Virtual Classroom.
Maximum dedication required: 10 hours per week (this is the maximum time calculated.
Average dedication of students: it can be done in 5 hours of weekly dedication for 1 or 2 months and up to a maximum of 3 months.